Friday, June 4, 2010

People like it complicated

After 2 years of not contacting each other (well maybe once or twice over msn, but nothing significant that rings the bell), my ex sent me a msg on facebook asking how have I been. I never think talking to the ex is as difficult as some people claim it to be. Hence in the name of being friendly and polite, I replied.

He was my first boyfriend, my first ever relationship. Everything was so sweet and innocent back then. No games, no what-if-I-get-heartbroken kinda apprehension. I was bold and fresh and new out there to love or to be loved. Reminiscing the good old times.

After that first IM, we decided to catch up for coffee sometimes later. Intentional or not, we both agreed to that. Since then, he would occasionaly text me just to keep in touch. I see those texts no more than friendly texts that I would normally do with my friends.

One nice evening where I hadn't had any dinner plan, I asked him if he wanna have dinner together when he texted me asking me what I am up to. Instinctively, I expected him to say yes since he is living not far from where I am and he drives. However he replied something that really surprised me.

"I really dont think I can. I'm going to be honest! I still think about you alot but I'm in a so-called relationshiip. So I don't think it's a good idea at the moment. I hope this makes sense. if you want me to stop texting i understand. I am sorry for my feeling outburst. xx"

Apparently us being friends is just my side of the story.



I think people just forget how to make friends as time goes by when we are getting more and more obsessed with looking for the right guy. There is always a glint of hope that this guy will become my potential partner. The motive is never simple. The so-called friendship is just a stepping stone to something more later. Good and bad.

They say when being friends is not the shared intention in both parties, we will either become couples or nothing at all. It just got me thinking, why do people have to make everything so complicated? Can't we just go with the flow and see what it will turn out to be?

Life would be so much simpler if we just, for one second, stop thinking so much and worrying about stuff that will least likely happen.

5 comments:

Gratitude said...

Any relationship can be too complicated and emotional a task for magical techniques and miracle cures.
+Ant+

William said...

If life were that simple, we'd be a lot happier.

Jaded Jeremy said...

That's because life is complicate. Of course that doesn't mean you stop trying to simplify it.

MonsterTee.Me said...

I only think people take thing too seriously... a meal with ex is just like meeting up with friend... people is too sensitive sometimes, most of the time... actually naive. We just have to keep ourselves rational.

Pike-chan said...

SOmetimes when we are drown in our emotions, we tend to lose sight of the light.