I have been constantly on the road for the past two weeks. Or even better, up in the air! It's exhausting but it gives you the kind of satisfaction one should get when one is on holiday. and yes I have gotten it.
They say you should always make the most out of your trip! but how exactly and in what way "the most" should be achieved? By taking thousands of photos on your trip? or by visiting every single tourist attractions that are listed on guide book? or by getting at least one kiss from the local people in each city?
5 cities in 5 days is definitely an achievement by every traveler's standard. From Dublin to Galway, then Limerick, Dingle and finally Cork. If you think that's exhausting, try going to sleep at 11pm or 12pm and waking up at 8am in additon of the 12 hours walk aorund the city when Beau was at work. I didn't know how I managed but I did. At least I wasn't driving, but Beau was.
No wonder he drifted off to sleep immediately at night when we were in bed. Poor thing. Rihanna's "rude boy" was constantly torturing me with its literal meaning the whole time we were in Ireland. Being young with those raging hormones had finally taken its toll on me.
Dublin is a small city compared to london. Small in terms of size and the population. Let's not forget the lack of high-rise buildings and starbucks!!! I had a hard time looking for a cafe with free wi-fi. If you ask me, I wouldn't consider living in Dublin for sure. Not permanently at least. It's not as urbanized as most of the developed or developing cities and not as remotely beautiful as the other countryside. Therefore that doesn't really leave us much to do in Dublin, let alone living there for the rest of your life. But if you are into pub and Irish accent, then you will probably like it.



From Dublin, we drove to Galway which took about 3-4 hours. That's only because Beau was speeding at 100 miles per hour so it should not be used as guideline. Galway is a culturally beautiful city. Only if I am more appreciative of the cultural history or architecture would I have enjoyed more. I literally toured around the whole city within 2 hours on foot. Compared to Dublin, it's more peaceful. By peaceful, you should expect less entertainments available to you.


Dingle is worthy of a mention. Strategically located on the west, it's surrounded by mountains and water. Besides the maginificent view and herds of sheeps running around, I didn't notice much of other attractions. Unless B&B interests you and the idea of having sex 24/7 , I don't see the point of spending more than a few hours there.


"Can I bring a sheep with us babe?" I asked.
"Are you becoming an irish or Kiwi? Shagging a sheep!!!" Beau said.
I couldn't help but wonder if that's true. People are so obsessed with sex that when they are not satisfied, they will just shag anything in sight. Even if it means the "ohhh ahhh ehhhh" is replaced by the monotonous "mehhhhh~~~~".

Why sheeps?? isn't horse a better option? lol.
A good trip is a combination of how much the place you are visiting can offer and who you are travelling with. One can always make up for the other depending on how you justify it. A lousy place with a good company can still be considered as a good trip. but a beatiful place with a bad company is definitely not reversible.
No?
p/s: what a shame I didn't bump into Ronan Keating or other cute Irishmen on the street. It'd definitely make me coming back for more. Oh well luck doesnt always favour me.

They say you should always make the most out of your trip! but how exactly and in what way "the most" should be achieved? By taking thousands of photos on your trip? or by visiting every single tourist attractions that are listed on guide book? or by getting at least one kiss from the local people in each city?
5 cities in 5 days is definitely an achievement by every traveler's standard. From Dublin to Galway, then Limerick, Dingle and finally Cork. If you think that's exhausting, try going to sleep at 11pm or 12pm and waking up at 8am in additon of the 12 hours walk aorund the city when Beau was at work. I didn't know how I managed but I did. At least I wasn't driving, but Beau was.
No wonder he drifted off to sleep immediately at night when we were in bed. Poor thing. Rihanna's "rude boy" was constantly torturing me with its literal meaning the whole time we were in Ireland. Being young with those raging hormones had finally taken its toll on me.
Dublin is a small city compared to london. Small in terms of size and the population. Let's not forget the lack of high-rise buildings and starbucks!!! I had a hard time looking for a cafe with free wi-fi. If you ask me, I wouldn't consider living in Dublin for sure. Not permanently at least. It's not as urbanized as most of the developed or developing cities and not as remotely beautiful as the other countryside. Therefore that doesn't really leave us much to do in Dublin, let alone living there for the rest of your life. But if you are into pub and Irish accent, then you will probably like it.
From Dublin, we drove to Galway which took about 3-4 hours. That's only because Beau was speeding at 100 miles per hour so it should not be used as guideline. Galway is a culturally beautiful city. Only if I am more appreciative of the cultural history or architecture would I have enjoyed more. I literally toured around the whole city within 2 hours on foot. Compared to Dublin, it's more peaceful. By peaceful, you should expect less entertainments available to you.
Dingle is worthy of a mention. Strategically located on the west, it's surrounded by mountains and water. Besides the maginificent view and herds of sheeps running around, I didn't notice much of other attractions. Unless B&B interests you and the idea of having sex 24/7 , I don't see the point of spending more than a few hours there.
"Can I bring a sheep with us babe?" I asked.
"Are you becoming an irish or Kiwi? Shagging a sheep!!!" Beau said.
I couldn't help but wonder if that's true. People are so obsessed with sex that when they are not satisfied, they will just shag anything in sight. Even if it means the "ohhh ahhh ehhhh" is replaced by the monotonous "mehhhhh~~~~".
Why sheeps?? isn't horse a better option? lol.
A good trip is a combination of how much the place you are visiting can offer and who you are travelling with. One can always make up for the other depending on how you justify it. A lousy place with a good company can still be considered as a good trip. but a beatiful place with a bad company is definitely not reversible.
No?
p/s: what a shame I didn't bump into Ronan Keating or other cute Irishmen on the street. It'd definitely make me coming back for more. Oh well luck doesnt always favour me.


4 comments:
Breathtaking cliffs.
Definitely a wonderful place to visit for those who love the scenic countryside.
+Ant+
How's ur trip? Nice?
Horses can be violent! Imagine being trampled. At least can hold down a sheep!
Post a Comment