Every relationship starts from a small crush, sometimes a big one that spells danger all over it. We human beings are too irrational and emotional to ignore even the smallest crush let alone the big ones. Hence the consequential question: crush or crash??
I was having dinner with my friend Cindy when she told me about her recent crush. She met him at a mutual friend's party and they hit it off not long after the party started. He is good looking, smart and a doctor. The conversation flowed and the despite much reluctance, the party ended. They exchanged mobile numbers before parted.
Cindy told me all the details with so much passion I for a second had the idea that they were already together. So I interuppted.
"so what are you waiting for?" I said, popping the inevitable question.
"he is attached. but he said it's over and they are going to break up." She said, looking all upset, and not convinced.
"you believed him? and do you think he has a crush on you too?" I asked, just trying to help her sort out.
"I dont know. Hope it's not another bad crush, my broken heart can't take it anymore. but we sparked, that's definitely a sign." She said, or maybe it's just her wishful thinking that's doing the talking.
It got me thinking of my own crushes. I always had my crush at the worst timing. As if a bad crush is not bad enough. I had a crush on Paul when I was with my ex. He was attached too back then. The crush made me realise my relationship with my ex was not going anywhere. So I broke up with my ex, and the crush on Paul remained a crush.

Two days ago, after two years, I had dinner with Paul. The a-crush-that-doesnt-turn-into-anything-further-will-fade-away-over-time belief is just a myth. My heart still pulsated when I looked him in the eyes. My heart skipped a beat when he laid his arms on my shoulder. If anything, I think the crush has transformed into infatuation over time. Even though we spoke on the phone a few times over the years.
Now, am I going to do anything about this crush? or am i just going to leave it as it is. They say when you are not certain of the future, just give it a go, the universe will surprise you in many ways.
I am stuck in the same dilemma again, after 2 freaking years, with the same guy, in the same city, and the same old me. Is it because of my preconceived impression of him being a playboy that I am too afraid to tell him how I feel? that this crush will definitely crash in a forseeable future.

Do I go with the crush and give it a chance to crash on me or do I crash the crush?
I was having dinner with my friend Cindy when she told me about her recent crush. She met him at a mutual friend's party and they hit it off not long after the party started. He is good looking, smart and a doctor. The conversation flowed and the despite much reluctance, the party ended. They exchanged mobile numbers before parted.
Cindy told me all the details with so much passion I for a second had the idea that they were already together. So I interuppted.
"so what are you waiting for?" I said, popping the inevitable question.
"he is attached. but he said it's over and they are going to break up." She said, looking all upset, and not convinced.
"you believed him? and do you think he has a crush on you too?" I asked, just trying to help her sort out.
"I dont know. Hope it's not another bad crush, my broken heart can't take it anymore. but we sparked, that's definitely a sign." She said, or maybe it's just her wishful thinking that's doing the talking.
It got me thinking of my own crushes. I always had my crush at the worst timing. As if a bad crush is not bad enough. I had a crush on Paul when I was with my ex. He was attached too back then. The crush made me realise my relationship with my ex was not going anywhere. So I broke up with my ex, and the crush on Paul remained a crush.

Two days ago, after two years, I had dinner with Paul. The a-crush-that-doesnt-turn-into-anything-further-will-fade-away-over-time belief is just a myth. My heart still pulsated when I looked him in the eyes. My heart skipped a beat when he laid his arms on my shoulder. If anything, I think the crush has transformed into infatuation over time. Even though we spoke on the phone a few times over the years.
Now, am I going to do anything about this crush? or am i just going to leave it as it is. They say when you are not certain of the future, just give it a go, the universe will surprise you in many ways.
I am stuck in the same dilemma again, after 2 freaking years, with the same guy, in the same city, and the same old me. Is it because of my preconceived impression of him being a playboy that I am too afraid to tell him how I feel? that this crush will definitely crash in a forseeable future.

Do I go with the crush and give it a chance to crash on me or do I crash the crush?

4 comments:
Age-old question which unfortunately has no easy answer. Good luck :)
I believe that you should just follow your heart and let it lead the way...
if you dont answer the crush, u will probably never know whats it going to be like to be with Paul.. and if i answer, yes, there can still be two answers, but then, dont we all regret things we never do more than things we did?
cheers!
Similar thing happened on me, towards Duncan / Enterprise.. Not going anyway, but yeah, pop up in my dream on and off.
Hmm... i will choose both, haha.. :p
Post a Comment