Thursday, March 5, 2009

Letting Go

Life is like a roller coaster with the ups and downs where people usually overlook the ups and magnify the downs. That is why depression has its way to easily slip into people's life.

A friend of mine is going through a hard time with his bf. It's like a vicious cycle which all of us are familiar with. So madly in love at the early stage of the relationship. When things start to cool off and fall into routine, you think it's a sign of fading love and could hardly bring yourself to adjust to that extreme changes. Then two people start to quarrel more than ever and that's when the relationship goes downhill and eventually a breakup is on its way.

But thing is a little draggy with my friend Tom. Maybe he is not ready for a breakup yet, or maybe he is still in love with his bf, or perhaps he just couldn't let go of everything he has been having all these while.

"I am stuck. I am so mentally wrecked to be staying and sleeping on the same bed with him. but I couldn't just leave him I still love him" Tom said with a tone I could tell he is really exhausted.

"Does he still love you then?" I asked just to confirm it's not an unrequited love.

"He said I can still stay with him but he couldn't guarantee he could love!" Tom said, sounded all depressed.

"Then what are you waiting for???" I asked, was shocked that he even considered to stay.

"I don't know. I am afraid I might regret if I move out. I am afraid of losing him!" He said with that puzzled look on his face.

"haven't you already?" I couldn't help but to be frank.

"There might be a second chance....." He said.



It really got me thinking, what's there to hope for from an expired relationship, what's left to anticipate if the guy couldn't even guarantee he could love you? Isn't it silly to wait for the miracle to happen one day while you are all worn out from the torture of the broken relationship.

I figure if you relish a happy life letting go is something you must learn of all the other things. Living in the past will not help make you a better person and you will probably miss out on a lot of good things which are meant to dawn on you. However, love is something that's really out of your control and you could never measure how much it's gonna affect your decision and your life.

I couldn't help but wonder, is there anything in life that I couldn't seem to let go? Am i really that rational all the time?

10 comments:

savante said...

If there's nothing left, better to leave as friends.

Jaded Jeremy said...

Rational is good *nod* But don't rationalise all the time and in details lah.

Chris said...

Back to SYD oredi?

Anonymous said...

You can be optimistic by looking at it as leaving for something better ^^

Implosion said...

You're back! Missed this blog!
And you're here just in time for Mardi Gras tomorrow!

William said...

We usually don't know what's good for us.

Melvin Mah said...

Love could not be measured for it has no symptoms. Matters with no symptoms challenge the predictability while putting aside the rationalization process of human being. How remarkable love can be by making us dumb....and blind....at times..

H.a.M.s.A.p said...

Like, me, honey..I will always wait for you even if it means wasting my time..I hope you will give me a 2nd chance in the future..

-H.a.M.s.A.p-

evoire said...

expired relationship, we call that 过了保鲜期的爱情in chinese. The 2nd chance will always giving you the clearer picture. As we used the word 保鲜 in chinese also means "keeping fresh", so the 2nd chance isn't fresh anymore,you learnt for the past and you know what yourself want better.

Nah, hard to keep oneself in rational all times, this why human called "hu-man" and not "rock-man"

NotHamsap said...

savante:
Couldn't agree more with you.

Jaded_Jeremy:
haha yeh, dont wanna to be too cold-blooded.

Chris:
YEh back in sydney. When are you coming to sydney? dont forget to tell me if you do, we can catch up!

Nicholas Rashidee:
if that helps ease the leaving process.

Implosion:
yeh!! i am back, finally. i didn't go to mardi gras tho, couldn't be bothered with the crowd.

William:
We sure don't.

m5lvin:
the wonders of love. And thats still sth everyone is going after.

Hamsap:
haha seriously, don't wait and move on.

evoire:
yep human or rockman we know feelings are hard to get rid of.