Got a call from London and the voice sounded so familiar. It hasn't been that long since the last call and it didn't really come as much of a surprise. My parents were looking at me as if I am an English speaking monster at home (yes blame the scarcity of the use of English at my place) that I walked out to the garden before I turned from a monster to an alien.
Yes as usual he was on his way getting a takeaway for lunch when he called me. The British accent never once fails to mesmerize me. Well maybe not that great but it's at least something. Went on for while talking about what's new in each other's life before one striking sentence hit me so hard on the ear all the way to my brain.
"I will be arriving at 6am on the 14th of feb and I will take you out on a date after that!" He said.
"oh really?" I didn't know what I was going to say at all.
"Yes. It's date!" He then said, sounded what I thought was excited.

It got me wonder, why wasn't I excited at all? Am i not into him? Or I have become so cynical that a date no longer gives me the heart-pounding elation that I used to get so much in the past?
Time does really change a person. For better or for worse I am glad that a change has taken place. At least it makes me feel more grownup.
Yes as usual he was on his way getting a takeaway for lunch when he called me. The British accent never once fails to mesmerize me. Well maybe not that great but it's at least something. Went on for while talking about what's new in each other's life before one striking sentence hit me so hard on the ear all the way to my brain.
"I will be arriving at 6am on the 14th of feb and I will take you out on a date after that!" He said.
"oh really?" I didn't know what I was going to say at all.
"Yes. It's date!" He then said, sounded what I thought was excited.

It got me wonder, why wasn't I excited at all? Am i not into him? Or I have become so cynical that a date no longer gives me the heart-pounding elation that I used to get so much in the past?
Time does really change a person. For better or for worse I am glad that a change has taken place. At least it makes me feel more grownup.

11 comments:
There's something about the Brit accent that we like. Not excited about a date? Cos you don't see it as a date, then.
Sounds like a great story waiting to unfold... Good luck!
And Merry Christmas!!!! Wheeeee
Change is good.
Merry Christmas NotHamsap! ^_^
Brit accents are hawt! And a date!
hmmm who's the guy? wooot :P
merry christmas!
Happy new year ya..
Wah that was a quick move.
Irish!
Happy New Year 2009~! ^^
great video share shared!!!
Well, maybe you're just happy being single too. Which is good, don't need someone to make you happy. :)
Post a Comment