Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Guys or watches?

I always have a thing for nice watches, especially those worth collecting and will not depreciate over time.

So do I have a thing for nice guys, especially the hot and cute ones. Neither will they depreciate over time if they appear to be the right one.

Now the intelligent modern lady of my family put me in a difficult situation choosing between guys or watches. I couldn't believe she actually came up with this very idea. Mums are smart!!!

So last night my mum came into my room to talk to me. It's become a routine that she comes into my room every night these two weeks the time I am home.

She knew that I always want to bag a Tag Heuer and she offered to buy me one last night, but with one condition.

"Which Tag Heuer do you want?" Mum asked.

"why? Do you wanna buy me one?" I asked, diverted my attention from my laptop to her.

"yeh, how much is it?" She then asked.

"well, I don't know, but conservatively speaking, it should be at least 3k" I then said, sounded all excited.

"ok, I will get you one. but with one condition, no relationships until you graduate. Don't get another heartbreak." She said and i was all quiet.

"wow, so now you want me to turn vegan? where does it come from? me being gay?" I then asked, thinking that no relationships means no gay relationships.

I couldn't help but wonder, is she worried about me getting involved in gay relationship or is she worried about me getting another heartbreak? It could be both but I think one of which must have a bigger impact on her.

But really? guys or watches? The two choices are not even of equal value and shouldn't even be mentioned together. but it doesn't make either one better off than the other. It's not only a matter of choices of guys or watches, but also a choice that determines if I am gonna further hurt my mum's feelings.



Only if I can have both at the same time, life would be so complete.

What would you choose?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

"in a monotonous affair" instead of "in a monotonous relationship" ....... and you still get your Tag. hehe

+Ant+

R said...

i hate being conditioned for things. if it's me, i'd have rejected the proposal.

at any rate, from the way ur mum puts it, she wants you to be safe thus I think you should check with her what does she means from a heartbreak, a relationship with a girl or a guy in particular.

Ganymede said...

Eeeks. That's not very nice...

ChrisZ said...

Wow! She is good! It's not really up to her,is it? I mean you'd promise her anything but not yourself. Maybe just take the watch to make her feel better?

And you,try not to get hurt! =)

Jaded Jeremy said...

Firstly, it is believable your mum would still do that even if you're straight. Perhaps she wants you to avoid heartbreak during this important stage of your life i.e. getting a good education.

Having said that, no brainer lah: guys! :-)

William said...

Forget about the watch. Perhaps you will find a nice guy wearing a nice watch. lol

Paul Figaro J said...

get a boyfriend, and ask him to buy you a Tag...ha!...killing 2 birds with 1 stone....(die lahh this time...teach ppl bad thing)

Armanique said...

wah u are indeed in a tight position... i tink u get the watch maybe the person selling u the watch cld be a potential bf hahaha

Ry said...

well,

I say get the watch first !
It'll be definately heartbreaking if u say NO to the watch.

Hohho

savante said...

Is it any comparison! Take the man!

But tell no one. Then take the watch.

Chris said...

龙LONG TIME DIDN;T HEAR FROM U. HOW R U?

Medie007 said...

maybe sunce i'm not that much pf a fan of watches anywyas... soo.. :P

Chris said...

no updatE?

wtsrudi said...

i hear you... i too, would love to have both the TAG and Brad Pitt.... oh well.....

Leon Koh said...

like your blog, but no more updates?

wishes said...

i think ur mum refer to no relationship for another heartbreak :)

Unknown said...

take the watch......

then bf will come after you finish studies. Ur mom dont want you to get hurt from relationship.