Wednesday, July 1, 2009

When the ex meets the parent in the cyber world

So I was reading my ex's blog when my mum came into the room and sat right next to me. She stared at the screen and I didn't attempt to hide it away from her. Silence filled up the space when I scrolled down the page and continued reading the blog. I knew somehow she was gonna pop a question anytime soon but I was all prepared for that.

"who is that?" She finally broke the silence when she saw a picture with my ex in it.

"errrr, my friend" I stammered a little trying to figure out what's the best title for him and before I could coordinate my heart with my brain, the brain took charge.

"oh..." She replied with a tone which I recognized as suspicion.

"well, my ex to be exact" I then said, figured no point lying since I am already out of the closet.

"is he good looking?" She didn't mean it as a question, more of a sarcastic way to say he is not I reckon.

"Well, to me he is, and it's more than the look that I was attracted to him" I then explained but doubt she would care anyway.

"So tell me, what's there that dazzled you? wait he is 27 isn't he?" She asked.

"yeh, he is. I wouldn't mind even if he is 30. Age doesn't really matter to me. ok let's see. He is mature, he is successful in his career, he is good at socializing (basically I think guy who can socialise well is such a turn on), he is caring, he is loving. But all in all, I just like him, it's the feelings that matter." I then told her, first time being able to confide to her my love life and I thought to myself how amazing it is to be able to do that.

"hmm, sounds like you were a girl in that relationship" she commented and I didn't deny.

"yeh kinda. but what makes me different from a girl is that I tend to care for my boy the way my boy cares for me. Put it this way, 70% of me want to be taken care of and 30% of me want to take care of him. I still have the guy part in me" I then explained, wasn't sure if she got it or not.



When asked, I always tell people that there is no particular type of guy that I am attracted to. It's the feeling that matters.

But how true is that?

I mean in order to trigger the feeling and also to infatuate somebody, there must be something special about the guy. It is that special something that determines which category the guy falls under. So to say that I don't really have a type is plain bullshit. I think I have figured out what really is my cup of tea. :)

It's like saying " I don't particularly look for rich guys, but they just come along" yeh right, that's because if the guys aren't rich, you wouldn't even be attracted in the first place. lol.

So what is yours?

9 comments:

C'est la vie said...

LOL, I love your last paragraph. It's somewhat true. You won't like someone at first if you don't even like him at the first place. ;P

savante said...

The heart wants what the heart wants :)

Anonymous said...

Different strokes for different folks! ^_^

+Ant+

Unknown said...

Kinda reminds me of the movie Sepet. One scene in it that has this.

Medie007 said...

love your mum to bits! :D

William said...

I find it quite a challenge to tell my mother what I want, the way you did.

Jaded Jeremy said...

Oh yah, there has to be a list of criteria but the trick is discovering that.

So what sort of tea? Or is it the cup? ;-)

Pranny said...

I feel so much honesty, love and care between you and your mom....

If you are a person that wants to be care more, then that person definitely has to be one that knows how to play that role... Being rich is just part of that role no?

Hey, you should update your blog more often...

NotHamsap said...

freedom09:
Yeh, the first impression is so important.

savante:
It's always about what the heart wants.

anton:
just another way to say it. :)

Lee:
I haven't seen that movie yet.

medie007:
Should i introduce you to her?

william:
Maybe you will find it easier a few years later?

jaded_jeremy:
hahah english breakfast tea pls:P

jerry:
yeh a good bonding between me and her. Not really, as long as he is not poor he would be able to take care of people. Not necessarily have to be rich.
haha yeh i am trying to. but I am just lazy sometimes.