I was in KL a few days ago catching up with some college and high school mates when one of my friends since 13 years old was nice enough to accommodate me. It's one of the routine during stay-over that we exchange the experiences of our love life at night before drifting off to the dreamland.
When asked about my girlfriends, I couldn't help but to correct it to boyfriends. He was shocked and silent for a bit before continued to go further into details.
"how can guy and guy be together?" he asked.
"why not? you start liking each other and fall deeper for each other and eventually in love with each other. The same process that straight couples go through." I responded indifferently, probably have been saying the same thing over and over again.
"what about sex?" He then asked, obviously very lack of knowledge on homosexuality.
"A stiff and a hole, same thing, only at the back" I then answered, expecting him to understand what I said.
"ohhhh, okok, then what do you guys normally do? hold hands and stuff?" He then asked. That was the first time I got such question.
"calls, movies and outings, just like what you do. hmm holding hands? it depends on how open-minded you are!" I then said.
"well, it sounds like what best friends do. except for the sex part! Put it this way, homo couples are just best friends that have sexual activities!" He then shared his sentiments while i dropped my jaw out of surprise.
"what the hell?" I said after my jaw returned to its position, still shocked by his words.
"of course there are some mushy feelings that you don't act on your best friends" I then continued.
Come to think of it, I have to admit I kinda agreed with what he said.

Is it that the definition of best friends has changed that people start to do thing beyond the fine line or is it that homo couples really do look like best friends with sexual activities?
When asked about my girlfriends, I couldn't help but to correct it to boyfriends. He was shocked and silent for a bit before continued to go further into details.
"how can guy and guy be together?" he asked.
"why not? you start liking each other and fall deeper for each other and eventually in love with each other. The same process that straight couples go through." I responded indifferently, probably have been saying the same thing over and over again.
"what about sex?" He then asked, obviously very lack of knowledge on homosexuality.
"A stiff and a hole, same thing, only at the back" I then answered, expecting him to understand what I said.
"ohhhh, okok, then what do you guys normally do? hold hands and stuff?" He then asked. That was the first time I got such question.
"calls, movies and outings, just like what you do. hmm holding hands? it depends on how open-minded you are!" I then said.
"well, it sounds like what best friends do. except for the sex part! Put it this way, homo couples are just best friends that have sexual activities!" He then shared his sentiments while i dropped my jaw out of surprise.
"what the hell?" I said after my jaw returned to its position, still shocked by his words.
"of course there are some mushy feelings that you don't act on your best friends" I then continued.
Come to think of it, I have to admit I kinda agreed with what he said.

Is it that the definition of best friends has changed that people start to do thing beyond the fine line or is it that homo couples really do look like best friends with sexual activities?

17 comments:
hej! NotHamsap...kinda agreed with that too...and must be love in the air too...;-)
naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
technically YES maybe the definition is true at some extent
but i dun think best friends have mutual feeling to each other like love....
i do like my BFF but i dun love him the way i would love my partner
Well, aren't straight couples also best friends with sex? :P
Whatever happened to romance? lol
And it's totally different from BRO-mance (between buddies)
erm.. well, it's slightly hard for me to agree with the notion that having a bf is like having a bestfriend that you could have sex with.
i mean, anything that i do for my bestfriend - i would do 2 or 3 times better or more special with my bf (my ex la..) love and lust are two different things, but compliment each other.
but then, to love your bestfriend - could create a whole new mamma-drama.. LOL..
Well, all couple, straight, gay, bi~ are best friends with the kissing and the sex... well they started off as friends wat... one day you're best friend with one person, the next you are best friend with another it's normal~ :D some even have several best friends at the same time!
I feel what you friend said is only correct to some degree. The love towards a best friend is just different from that to a lover. It's the combination of both physical and emotional attachment that drives us crazy and makes us feel as if we're floating on air.
Am certain our best friends dun make us feel that way, rite? :)
Have a wonderful week ahead! ^_^
+Ant+
Honey, I think we did things more than what best friends do. Not just calls, movies and outings. We also had our intimate times - hugging together while sleeping and eating our breakfast, washing each other's bodies (+ *ahem* privates), doing crazy things (like buying you half of a flight ticket the next day after flying back to sydney) snd lots of sacrificing (sending gifts every monthly anniversaries, buying a new handphone, so that I could call you everynight and talking to you about crap for 30 mins to 1hr. EVERY NIGHT in the first 2 months) Best friends may never do all of these ~
We were more than best friends. We didn't admit ourselves that we were best friends before we started. We were complete strangers who slowly fell in love with each other (we kinda skipped the friendship (BFF) staged. XP)
P.S. It wasn't just a stiff and a hole. There were 2 stiffs and *ahem* more than 1 hole..hahaha..
watever relationships hor, its not something easily said n done over a coffee table. as usual, for some, some ppl makes things overly complicated than it aledi is esp us plu.
ps. can some1 draw pls. it explains a whole lot easier. hehehe...
two people being together, memanglah best friends. otherwise why do they call their other half the significant other?
am amazed how u actually could be so easily come out to ur close friend...
Two best friends at it? Somewhere between more than fuck buddies and less than couples. But good way for a straight to put it on first try!
Hmmm all i can say is love is love and friends are friends.
omg.. i seriously have not been reading your blog.. so much have changed.. i hope u still stay as cute as you are..
anyway, bf is bf, friends is friends, you dont have sex with friends (although usually it does happen :p), but yea.. you get the idea...
i came out to all my friends in 2004.. and it's easy as the majority have suspected so anyway...
hAH。 A new definition for homo..
Fuck buddies?
Well, be it straight or homo couples, best friends can eventually become lovers mah, right?
Uh, this term had never actually crossed my mind but I think it's kinda true at some extend.
Post a Comment